About Me

My photo
Bhutan
An amateurish blogger from Samdrup Jongkhar, Bhutan.

Friday, October 2, 2009

The Journey to be remembered...


....I was reminded of truck drivers being harsh when in all humility I requested them to give me lift till Nangkor junction from Mongling, how I had trudged over serene and 'make-u-feel- alleviated-elevated' hill mongling for six long years, and my all alone journeys through virgin forest, 'so-called Yeti-infested Mountain Rigompa', following the mercy of beaten jungle path (almost deserted in peak summer for leeches) when solitude of the forest was only disturbed occasionally by the hoarse croaking of bull-frogs, and now and then the twitter of birds in utter sweet melodious sounds or the rustle of a few timid squirrels...when still confused how I should counter tigers, bears…it was a journey to be remembered and an adventure to be celebrated...

1 comment:

  1. Hey...i felt like traveling the mountain you described. It is indeed good. You have described the jungle in a very picturesque language. Keep posting...

    ReplyDelete