About Me

My photo
Bhutan
An amateurish blogger from Samdrup Jongkhar, Bhutan.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

It means a lot, Brother

I last saw my brother five years ago. Since then, opportunity didn’t tilt its favour for us to get together. I confide he was the filthiest and the most uncompassionate young man at 17, the year he was ordained into monkhood. Today, I am the most proud younger. He is one divine flame. I have every reason for it.
World wouldn’t accept people like him has undergone sea change, my most adored Ata. Stressing the environment we grew up with starkly aggravated and extenuated by the fact of being illiterate at that point of time, he poached the wild lives up the pristine mountainous regions and fished down the shores of crystal pure innocent meandering rivers. He was sinned and tainted good chunk of first seventeen years of his life with notoriety. He thrived most in doing mundane things.
But divinity intervened, spiritualism got seeded, destiny outlasted the means, Triple Gem augured him and thus the ladder to salvation and enlightenment was unfurled and yes, he made divine choice. This year is his sixteenth year at ‘Nga Jur Ngyingma’ University pursuing his master’s degree. Within these many span of years, he nurtured metamorphosis and hence, I see him as changed, tonsured for good but very simple monk who insurmountably dedicates his life for the well being of all sentient beings that remained tagged in this ‘samsara’ since time immemorial. People change; so was my brother. 
Yesterday I got one locket and portrait of Rinpoche, his spiritual master and that threw me to the kind of emotion difficult to describe within the confines of the language I am up to. Every emotion blended, tears rolled down the cheek while I was still smiling; sadness clouded brooding the memories of our common past while seeing him as one today made me happy and proud.
Tears that were triggered into fruition from the mixture of emotions fell on the beautifully scripted “from Bro. Khotsa” on hind side of the neatly tugged envelope; making blue inked phrase little hazy as it spread a little due to tears of pride, proud, sadness, happiness, gratitude, thankfulness… that fell upon only to make me realize how much it means to me. This will go down my memory lane and I will cherish it in eternity.
Ata! It means a lot to me; a ‘lot’ that is invaluable. Your success is mine. Wish you every success in every footstep you take!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gyelpo Thungshingp,
    I congratulate your brother coming thus far. He indeed made good decision. And yep,I liked your piece for somehow we share same memories. Keep writing. I visit your blog frequently.

    ReplyDelete